i am so sick of love songs, but why can't i turn off the radio???

It was a boring day so like any other youngster I decided to ‘invest’ my time in a not so constructive activity, rather than ‘wasting’ my time in any thing constructive.
So the CD player was staring at me with his ‘button-like eyes; he was pleading me to play something on it. So I decided to consider his plea, and was searching for something familiar among all those CDs. After wasting my ‘precious’ 15 minutes from my idle time I finally picked up a CD and played it. The first song was some lame remix, which I somehow tolerated. Then the next few songs were ‘the sad songs’ ranging from ‘Quit playing games with my heart’ to some sad songs from some Imraan Hashmi flick and something just clicked…
Why is it that all of us easily ‘identify’ with these sad songs? Everything that has to do with break-ups or related to it easily finds a soft corner or rather hits the soft corner already there.
Okay, we all sulk for everything and everyone we’ve lost- fair enough! But then why don’t the songs with all those happy and up-lifting lyrics have the same long-lasting effect? It’s as if the sad songs are like Rexona; with the whole ‘long-lasting’ effect.

You must have noticed a similar trait in all married women, that whenever they are at a wedding they’ll start crying when the Doli goes- flash back or whenever there is a song from the family of “Babul ki duaayein…” or something similar. All you need to do is mention the topic and nostalgia takes over them and tears start rolling down their cheeks. Why can’t they be happy for the ‘new bride’? Why is it that the first thing they recall here is the ‘separation’ from their family? Yaar honeymoon was also the part of the deal, so why doesn’t that click with them???
And don’t we ‘connect’ with those people who all happen to share the same ‘sad story’ as ours!

So my readers, the question that I’m raising here is WHY?
Don’t tell me that you were hoping for an answer to this question
FYI readers! This post was certainly not meant to define the root cause of this highly subjective issue
( Holy cow! That sound like a legal and official sort of declaration. Whatever, I like it. Lol)

I don’t know the answer. If I knew it then I would have revolved the whole post around it.


Please do share your opinion along with the Kudos!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment