Oops! I did it again...

No! I’m not going to talk about Britney Spears. I’ll, rather, be talking about the most feared thing. Something that possesses the power to break us into million pieces [figuratively only!]. and that something is Expectations. Expectation is a weird emotion. It’ll confuse you. Whether to expect or not to expect and, if you do, then whether to keep any expectation from these expectations or Not?! All this may seem harmless at first, like a kid expecting some kinda reward for outperforming in some event, but once they’ve embedded in our heads- they can destroy us…

Whether to expect or not to expect is NOT in our hands. Being humans we tend to keep expectations from the people around us, our jobs, our investments, our lives and ourselves. And any of these, if not fulfilled, will lead to deep resentment and a feeling of guilt [for expecting in the first place]. I, personally, live by Golden Rule, i.e, never to expect anything (good) from anyone and always to expect everything (bad) from anyone’ I accepted this rule to keep tight reins on my dependence and expectations of others. But I always end up breaking this rule, again & again I do the same, knowingly on unknowingly; which hurts, off course!

But now I’ve had enough! I will not allow anybody to hurt me anymore. I, now, will never expect. I’ll take life by its horns.

SO let us all now promise ourselves NOT TO EXPECT EVER… I can only expect that you all will accept this Golden Rule. Guys, I’m keeping my expectations on you all !!!
Oops! Even I did it again…

0 comments:

Post a Comment