Right To Jealousy

Our constitution has endowed us with certain Fundamental Rights-
Right of Freedom
Right of Equality
Right Against Exploitation
Right To Freedom of Religion
Cultural and Educational Rights
Right To Constitutional Remedies

Apart from these one more right should be added i.e. ‘Right To Jealousy’. Jealousy is always seen as a virtue of women ONLY. It interprets, that we want something better – you know yourself and crave for something better and… its true. But that’s not the whole story. So allow me to throw some light on the, much maligned, Subject.

Women are, generally, associated with jealousy &… Why Not! It’s a privilege to feel that way and not every woman gets to feel that way. It denotes that you’ve got something very eminent and very treasured, that you’d rather not share it with anybody else. Something so dear and so valuable that you want to keep it to yourself. And you wouldn’t even mind being tagged as ‘Selfish’ in the pursuit of this happiness. Because you believe that other might not understand the real capability of it, others might underestimate it [which may prove to be demoralizing]. This kinda jealousy comes with a drop or 2 [may be a lil more] of Possessiveness.

At least I am one of those few people who exploit this right of mine till it’s possible extent, and obviously to MY advantage. I’m possessive for my friends and I can’t, even, stand hearing about anybody else’s name from them. Whenever their lips depart all I wanna hear is my name. I have never restricted them of socializing or dating or even hooks ups. But I just don’t want to know about these things – DON’T TELL ME!!!

I know none of my friends have ever been able to understand this statement of mine. They think I’m jealous because I’m (shayad) liking them or am crushing on them, though the answer is NO (HELL NO!).
Its just that, deep down inside, I fear… that I’ll loose them, that they’ll leave me all alone, that they’ll then just be a memory of my History [things that I wanna keep with me in my present till the future].
Maybe I am overreacting but that’s the way I am, that’s the imperfect way I am. And I fear that they’ll find someone perfect, and then I’ll just be an image in their head of ‘some talkative gal’
And I fear that

0 comments:

Post a Comment