Mere do-do baap!

Yeah! I know what I’m saying, but you all taking me all-wrong. No need to raise an
eyebrow on my mum’s charitra, her charitra is as pavitra as Aquafina [Ram ki Ganga to kab ki apavitra ho gyi]. Now lets not get carried away. So! Lets come back to my two fathers. My two fathers from my two families… and since it is raising even more eyebrows I’ll tell you what exactly I mean. For understanding my funda of two families you’ll have to catch a glimpse of my past and witness the evolution of the theory- FLASHBACK!


I have a family- a mother, a father, a brother, grandparents, uncles, aunts, my cousins etc. etc. I inherited all these relationships from the very first day I landed up on this planet. Rather, these relationships have always been there, ready to be imposed upon the kid. But then as you grow up you start questioning these relationships. There always are certain ‘relatives’ whom you’d rather dump in a no man’s land or, at least, secretly hope that you had no affinity with them, or something in your family’s history that you just can’t relate your self to. Sigh! Unfortunately, we can’t do anything about it.
[Kahaani mein twist]
We can (always) do ‘something’ about them. ‘Something’ like what I did. I set out on an adventure to make my own family. Oh yeah! My very own, personal and tailor-made Family. The (other) family may or may not include members of your inherited family. If you want then your friends, your love, your thoughts, your experiences all of them can find a place in this family of yours. A loving family, for me, is the unspoken dream. It should be every child’s birthright and no one should be devoid of this right. Because having an ‘inherited family’ is not always the same as a ‘loving family’.


There is a big difference a Father and a Dad. Am lucky enough to have them both, though not in the same individual, but at least I have tem. A kid always looks up to his/her Dad [and not Father]. He is somebody for whom we’ll wait late in the night just to have dinner with him and have his arms around - you embracing you, protecting you and comforting you. His bedtime stories are way more fascinating then any other tale, because he is our Hero. Whenever you’re in deep shit his’ is the picture that’ll flash in front of your eyes. He’s somebody you’d worship- he is our Guardian Angel.
Though I have never experienced all this but I have made a mould on what I’ve heard and then He came into my life and he fits so perfectly in that mould that I couldn’t help but see a ‘Dad’ in him. And he too treats me as his kid. For him I’ll always be ‘the kid’. I doubt how many can boast if such a bond. So I am proud of the fact ke ‘mere do-do baap!’

0 comments:

Post a Comment